Minimal Space Laundry Room? No Problem!
Does your home not have the space for a standard laundry room? Maybe it is in a closet, within your pantry area, in a bathroom and so on.
Luckily there are SO many things that you can do to make that space usable, efficient, and cute!
Some of our favorite ideas for a limited space laundry ‘room’ include, keeping it sleek, keeping it behind doors (barn door, curtain, shelving), and make it fun!
Keep it Sleek
Keep it Behind Doors
Make it Fun
There are so many fun ideas out there! Hopefully some of these will help inspire you to make your small laundry space fun, inviting, neat and/or concealed!
Although we in the Eastside and Seattle have had a slow start to our summer weather, the heat is supposed to be picking up and we want to make sure everyone (with or without AC) is able to keep their homes cool without racking up energy bills this summer.
Below is our top 8 tips for keeping your home cool (and energy efficient) this summer:
- When the sun is out, or setting, close your blinds! Roughly 30-40 percent of unwanted heat gets into your home through windows.
- If your home is cooler than the outside temperature, close the door.
- Do your laundry in the early morning, after the sun has set or on a cool day to avoid heating up your home when it is already hot.
- Use lights as little as possible, turn them off when they are not in use.
5. Lower the humidity in your home by using a dehumidifier to make your home seem cooler.
6. Clean your fans, dusty blades do not work as well.
7. Open windows at both ends of the house to let air move freely.
8. Grill instead of using your stove/oven (we will have a blog post on BBQ tips out soon!)
Enjoy the warm days ahead!